TIPS ON BREWING COFFEE
Everyone strives for what they believe is "The Perfect Cup of Coffee". But perfection in coffee means a different thing for everyone. Like appreciation of art or music or food, it comes down to individual taste.
Best Coffee Maker Brands master roaster Roger Sheppard has this advice:
"If You believe the Taste matches the promise of the aroma, then you have achieved the perfect cup of Coffee."
Read More About: Best Black Coffee Grinder
Essential to brewing a great cup of coffee are the following, these are the important steps:
1. Make sure you're using clean, fresh water every time as and when required.
2. Clean your brewing equipment regularly and if your machine is equipped with a water filter, change regularly.
3. Select the correct grind of coffee for your machine as per your needs. A fine ground is best for filter coffee. Always use unbleached paper filters in this process.
4. You should not rely on long holding times for brewed coffee. Quality and taste will deteriorate after 30 minutes plus.
5. Store ground coffee in a vacuum tight container, some recommend the fridge (not in the freeezer, there are many people out there that had a bad experience with frozen coffee), for an optimum time of two weeks. It is preferable to grind enough for two to three days usage only to avoid wastage. Obviously freshly ground coffee tastes are the best. Roasted beans will stay fresh for four to five weeks if stored in a similar container in reasonable temperature.
Filtered coffee is still the most popular and great taste making brewing method although occasionally frowned upon by some aficionados. Either a paper or metal filter is placed in a cone-shaped holder with medium to fine coffee and hot water drips through machine. Nowadays most of the machines are automatic and easy to run. Filters from unbleached paper produce the best quality results but remember that leaving the coffee on the warmer too long will result in a 'chemical' taste and you will loose the freshness. Fresh-brewed coffee always has the best taste that you can enjoy.
Espresso is gaining popularity all over the World nowadays. It's a black, Italian-style and means "made to order" on the spot and accurate as per someone's needs. In an espresso machine, hot water is forced through coffee at high pressure for maximum flavor that you can taste. The coffee should dribble out slowly which is self enjoyment to watch and a foamy golden brown crema is the sign of a good cup - especially if your sugar floats for a few seconds. Use 1 to 1-1/4 oz of espresso and serve in a demitasse cup to enjoy the fresh taste.
Want to Read more about Brewing Coffee Tips?